Do any of these scenarios sound familiar?
- You prefer historical fiction over Sci-Fi or romance novels
- A perfect evening is watching documentaries on PBS- and you’ve just given up on the alien lovin’ History Channel
- You screech to a halt whenever you see a roadside historical marker
- A museum visit sounds like a perfect first date.
- You think the 20th century is so modern
- You can name all 6 wives….
- The “Making of Downton Abbey” special is as good as the actual show
- You have serious plans should time travel become commonplace
- You constantly wonder what archaeologists would think– if they dug in your back yard in 200 years.
If so, you are ready to take it to the next level!
Join us as a volunteer or intern and learn the tricks of the trade as you work along side professionals on real research projects. No experience is necessary, but if you want to do fieldwork, come prepared to work hard and sweat! We can help you connect with volunteer opportunities throughout the year with heritage organizations in Anne Arundel County, and across the State of Maryland. Whether you want to spend time digging in the dirt, taking notes, screening artifacts, washing and labeling artifacts in the lab, searching out land records or exploring census data in the archives, or all of the above, we have a project for you! So, come by and get some real world experience while working alongside professional archaeologists, historians, and preservationists.